Baked Salmon with Asparagus
Baked salmon is quick and easy to prepare and super healthy.
2 salmon fillets
1tbsp hot sauce
2tbsp vegetable or chicken broth
4tsp minced garlic
3-4tbsp butter (diced)
450g trimmed asparagus
2tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
1/2tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 220°C and cut two pieces of aluminium foil approximately 30 cm square. Mix the hot sauce, broth, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Use salt and pepper to season salmon and place one piece on each square of foil and spread each fillet with the garlic.
- Place half of the trimmed asparagus to the side of each salmon and drizzle with sauce. Dot each piece of salmon and the asparagus with the diced butter.
- Seal up the salmon packets but don’t wrap too tightly.
- Place the salmon packets on a baking tray and bake sealed side upward for about 9 to 12 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with a little more lemon juice and garnish with fresh herbs and a slice of lemon.