Lemongrass Chicken and Vietnamese Noodles
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for midweek dinners.
Chicken and Marinade
600 g of boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 stalk of lemongrass
1tbsp vegetable oil
2 chopped garlic cloves
2tbsp fish sauce
2tbsp brown sugar
2tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
3tbsp lime juice
4tbsp rice vinegar
1 red bird’s eye chilli
2tbsp white sugar
½ cup water
¼ cup fish sauce
Handful of mint and cilantro leaves
2 julienned cucumbers
3 cups bean sprouts
2 julienned carrots
5 cups finely sliced iceberg lettuce
- Combine the chicken and marinade ingredients and marinate for at least an hour.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, heat half a tablespoon of oil and remove chicken from marinade. Cook the chicken until just cooked through, for approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and allow to rest for five minutes before slicing thinly.
- Make the Vietnamese sauce by combining all the ingredients and set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Soak the vermicelli in hot water, following the packet instructions, then rinse under cold water.
- Serve the noodles in individual bowls, top with the vegetables and herbs and sliced chicken pieces and sauce.