Coconut Waffles with Blueberries
These crispy coconut waffles are delicious with fresh blueberries and are simple to make.
2 punnets Blueberries
1 large egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup coconut milk
1/2tsp baking soda
3tbsp melted coconut oil
Pinch of salt
Whipped cream and maple syrup (optional)
- Mix together the sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour in a bowl.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, egg and melted coconut oil in a liquid measuring cup.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, stirring gently until just combined. Set aside while you heat up your waffle iron, greasing it if needed.
- Cook waffles according to the waffle iron instructions until they are crispy, golden and brown.
- Serve waffles with blueberries and with whipped cream and syrup if using.